Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lazy Late Lunch

It's early evening, y'all.


I lazed around all day, and now it's nearly 5 pm and I haven't gotten lunch in yet. See how filling oats can be?

They really keep you full.
Especially when you don't expend any energy.

Well, I fixed something real rustic and summery for myself this evening. It'll go good with this wine my friend dropped off. She's been in Spain, and was nice enough to bring me back a bottle of red wine. It's called Berberana Cosecha Red.

I think I'll like it with my lentil salad.


I got the recipe from budget bytes, and didn't change the littlest thing. I might substitute something for the parsley next time, I think I'd prefer cilantro or something.

What do you think?

Anyhow, I had worked up an appetite puppysitting and relaxing all day so I rounded out my lunch-that-became-a-supper with some spiral ham and a stuffed eggplant.

Summer creeped up on me & it brought along some produce. Everybody, I love eggplants.

CAUTION
Aubergines you might call them if you live abroad?


I'm not a meat fanatic, but I admit I enjoy a honey glazed spiral ham. It's leftover from my step sister's graduation party, my vegan parents didn't want it.

How am I going to eat it all???????!
I don't know, but I started tonight.







Nutrition Information
IngredientCalories

Fat (g)Carbs (g)Protein (g)
Lentil Salad 1533 23 8
Stuffed Eggplant219 12 25 9
Spiral Ham (6 oz) 320 14 18 30

Total 691296547
Normally this would be too many calories for one meal for me, but when you're only eating two meals you gotta pack em in! The eggplant & lentils by themselves would make a fantastic meal on their own, no meat necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment