Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Can Hear the Mermaids Singing, Peach to Peach

Sleep alright, y'all?



I was not treated to a peaceful repose last night myself.

Image from [http://hipstergif.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/i-had-sex/]
This is not why.
No. 
Convincing people into my rock hard, way-too-small 20 year old half of a bunk bed does not happen with alarming frequency. Obviously my bed is the only thing standing between me and a sex life.

Bunk beds may seem awesome, folks. 
(You can build hotwheel tracks off the top! Or drape blankets for a fort!)

But there is  an unavoidable reality  when it  comes to adults sleeping in bunk beds.
& it is stark.
Awesome bunk beds: a great way to appear as if you want to lure children into your home!
I needed something refreshing after a night in my horrible infirm (pun intended--old&hard???) half a bunk bed.
I needed a peach smoothie to brighten up my day.
And some peanut butter toast.
I love how the peach skin looks in the smoothie.
Ah, yes. Smoothies. Another versatile breakfast, you can make a smoothie from anything really! 
Vegetables, fruit (fresh, pureed, or juiced!)
Yogurt, milk (so many types of milk!)
Nut butters, spices
Normally I'd make mine with a handful of spinach, and I definitely would not put orange juice in it. 
But today I had some, and today I was feeling fruity.
whateva!
I do what I want.


I blended up the following peach smoothie  & drank it with a half a slice of  peanut butter toast for a surprisingly filling breakfast.

Peach to Peach Smoothie
"I can hear the mermaids singing, peach to peach" -T.S. Eliot for the hard of hearing

Ingredients:::
  • 1 medium peach, quartered & pit removed
  • 1/2 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 cup Applesauce (unsweetened)
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves, ground ginger, & pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 cup ice cubes
Combine all of the above into a blender. Set to pulse until thoroughly blended. 





Nutrition Information
IngredientCaloriesFat (g)Carbs (g)Protein (g)
Peach Smoothie19303413
Peanut butter toast1459146
Total33894819
Don't worry, I have something to do with the other half of that toast slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment