Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Always Reddy Stew

Recovering nicely, y'all?

Ugh.
I got a little roughed up this weekend. At  A t h e s t.



The heat was not favorable. 
& the depressants in my bloodstream didn't help my energy level.

But don't worry y'all, 
Reptar pepped me right back up.
[thanks Blane]
That crowd was wild
My life was on the line Friday night, folks.
The gentleman behind me was raging hard trying to mosh
(It involved  punching people mostly.)
I nearly got crushed by rogue crowd surfers!


I needed some protection. 
In the form of dance.

I planted my feet and pretended to run in place. For protection.
Arms swining madly, I bore a striking resemblance to a drunk Richard Simmons.
Learned from P90X.

The dance kept me safe, but I finished out the night exhausted. And so did my wallet.

Uninterested in cooking, 
and unable to go shopping with my meager bank account, 
I set to work inventively using up the things from my pantry.
Baked pumpkin pie oatmeal topped with peanut butter & cold-brewed coffee.

Pimento cheese everything bagel with carrots and popcorn.
Always Reddy Stew served with jasmine rice.

Always Reddy Stew is made from canned pickled beets, red kidney beans, some canned chicken, crushed tomatoes, half a can of tomato paste, sriracha, and some seasonings. Simmered together around an hour.
It tastes sort of like barbeque. I kind of like it! 
But I'm still going shopping today.

How about you? 
Do you eat ramen when you're low on money?
Do you invent food out of your canned goods??

Nutrition Information
IngredientCaloriesFat (g)Carbs (g)Protein (g)
Breakfast381184016
Lunch4152413732
Supper40137024

No comments:

Post a Comment