Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chef's Salad

It sure is heating up, y'all.

Have you heard? I'll bet you have if you use your facebook account.
The high was 107 degrees today. 
I was not about to turn on my oven.
&I sure as shit was not going to get fast food.
Not just because they draw genitalia on your food, either.

I have c o m p e l l i n g reasons to avoid fast food joints.
It's not that I don't like fast food. Actually I love it!

It has:
-Unlimited diet coke. 
-Sauce packets galore.
-People to judge.
-Pro-sweatpants atmosphere.
-Even gambling!
Skinny bitches love a free McFlurry.
So can you guess why I don't go to fast food???
It's not because of the nutrition,
or the sanitation, 
or because I'm some kind of hip locavore.
I can't believe you even guessed that.


It aaaaaall stems from a traumatizing experience at a KFC one day, not too long ago......

After refilling my diet coke back to the tippy top
I began the return to my booth (do you take up a booth for four when you dine alone?? I do.)
but something interrupted my progress. A child.
A child who had fallen smack on his little child face.
I did not move to his aid. Child blood is tough to get out.
His mother was unhappy with my decision. 
In order to combat her shrill accusations of callousness I told her the following sentence:
"I, uh, I'm not supposed to interact with children because, well... you know. The law."
I implied that I was a convicted sex offender.
To an entire KFC.
So the mother wouldn't think I was a jerk.



Anyway, so, that's why I made a massive chef's salad today.
Because I'm too socially awkward for the colonel.


507 kcal, 47g carbs, 26g fat, 27g protein

Chef's Salad

Ingredients:::
  • chopped romaine or red leaf lettuce
  • spinach
  • chopped red bell pepper
  • sliced green onion
  • sliced red onion
  • 2 tablespoons granola
  • 10-15 grapes
  • 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar
  • celery
  • 3 oz honey glazed ham
  • hard boiled egg
  • 2 tablespoons dill vinaigrette dressing
 Make the above into a salad, dummy. (I do recommend trying granola in salads--it is a divine addition and worth all 60 extra calories!)

My  chef's salad  was pretty calorically heavy, mostly due to the type of ham & salad dressing I used. 
Easily lightened with a substition of sliced deli ham (or turkey, or even both) and a different dressing, perhaps just a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette?


No comments:

Post a Comment