Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Leftover Sortie

 Keeping dry, y'all?


I didn't have a lick of trouble. Do you know why?

Monsoons are the #1 killer of students who join sororities.
It's not because I've purchased rain gear stalwart enough to withstand monsoon season.


No, folks. 
It's because rain all day means it's my favorite time of day all day long:


SWEATPANTS O'CLOCK!!
I'm only jealous of her ferocity.
No amount of height on your heels will make those sweatpants fancy.


So, did you waste your sweatpants time this Sunday by wearing clothes?

I  didn't.


I had a good ole time staying in my house today.
I made tea.
I read a book. It may have been of the comic variety.

I went about using up all my left-overs


Ham stir fried with turmeric, cinnamon, & red pepper flakes, mango coconut jasmine rice, and brussels sprouts
Why yes I do read the same weekly newspaper over and over again while I eat.
Stuffed eggplant with sriracha, pimento cheese & tomato slices, and lentil salad
Mango coconut jasmine rice, honey glazed ham, roasted brussels sprouts

Mmmm. They were all such delicious (& not to mention fragrant) meals this weekend. Especially that mango coconut jasmine rice. It's meant to be a dessert, but it is a magical accompaniment to ham! That stir fry was easy as 1-2-3, you just...


  1. toast some cinnamon, turmeric, and red pepper flakes in some olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ham after 1-2 quick minutes and stir fry until browned to your liking
  2. Meanwhile, microwave 3/4 cup of your leftover rice
  3. Add your leftover roasted brussels sprouts (I like them cold from the fridge) as well as the ham to your rice, and sprinkle some sunflower seeds over top.


How do you use up your left-overs? Are you like me & content to eat the same thing awhile?
Do you have to mix it up every day? (Perhaps I'll get around to mixing things up myself tomorrow?)

No comments:

Post a Comment