Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Berenjena el Almuerzo

Having a nice week, y'all?

I certainly am.
I went s a l s a  d a n c i n g last night. 
It was Cuban style.
"Woohoo!" I thought to myself.
"This will be fun. Easy!"
"Why, it' s only fancy walking!"
Not quite.
I was terrible. More terrible than anyone else there.
More terrible than my stiff, birdlike roommate Paul.
A girl actually asked him to dance with her!

Just when I thought I was finally getting the hang of it, the instructor would stare meaningfully at me and cheerily remind "everyone" that no one was perfect!
It just took time!
You're supposed to be turning right!
Other right!


Folks, I can't dance.
But I can make sandwiches!
I enjoyed this satiating eggplant sandwich to replenish all the energy I lost fumbling around the dance floor.

I also enjoyed an extra whiskey after exhausting my drink ticket.
Eggplant can easily come out bitter, or end up with an awful texture, which I believe puts a lot of people off eggplant.
And that's a shame! It's so buttery on the outside, and crispity on the surface if you grill it up right.
 I follow these steps for making grilled eggplant to great success whenever I make it.
Do you have a special way to make eggplant???
PPerhaps aPerhaps  a colander is involved?

Once you've got grilled eggplant down, the eggplant sandwich is a breeze, you just...

grill some baby bella mushrooms along with the eggplant
slice a tomato and some sweet vidalia onion
spread pimento cheese on one slice of toasted bread; spread dijon mustard on the other
& add pickles!
(I also cut the edges off my bread, I had other ideas for them...)


326 kcal, 49g carb, 10g fat, 16g protein



No comments:

Post a Comment