Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

One Potato, Sweet Potato!

TGIF, y'all.


Just kidding. I don't care what day of the week it is, it's summer! Winter is finally gone, and I can drink on weeknights. 

Weeknights! And when I order mojitos I no longer hear the dreaded
"oh honey it's WINTER, we don't have MINT on hand!"
Drink crafted at Highwire Lounge
(Bartenders haven't heard about the marvels of modern agriculture technology yet.) 
What do you order when it becomes summer? Mai tai? 
Piña colada? Mint Julep?
Daiquiri? Tequila sunrise? Margarita?
...................

is it a mudslide?
Not that kind.
Well, I ordered a mojito last night and woke up craving citrus. A big, juicy navel orange tastes sooOOoooO good in the morning when you're thirsty. Or hungry. 
(or neither)

Yes, folks, I peeled a big ole orange and set it alongside my baked sweet potato topped with granola and yogurt and had myself another carbtastic breakfast of champions.


Raisins would add a lot to this breakfast!

Lunch sweet potato, pictured topped with asian slaw alongside a grilled PB&J wrap.


I baked the sweet potato yesterday with my eggplant and just zapped it in the microwave this morning, sprinkled it with ground cloves, and put on my toppings. You guys, yogurt tastes so good on a sweet potato. Fruity light (regular, non-greek) yogurts are great for this--if you want to be Greek (Like Me) but have a mouth full of sweet teeth then you could top your potato with berries, or dried fruit, or brown sugar, or a honey drizzle!

But I like mine without all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment